How to Use XPVIEWER (with Example Model)
source: Innovyze Support Portal
XPVIEWER provides an option to open and review the model for free. For example, if you are the utility owner and only needs to review the results of a model, the consultant can encode the model and send it to the utility. And the utility can view if for free.
Or if you are just interested in XPSWMM, and would like to see how it works, you can follow this article to open an example model without buying the software.
However, encoding a model for free review using the XPViewer is not included in the basic XPSWMM/XPSTORM licenses, it will require an addon license. Talk to our sales team for more information.
In most cases, you should use the latest XPVIEWER which has the latest bug fixes and all the new features. If you are having a model created using a very old version, you might need to contact support for the corresponding viewer.
Here is an overview of preparing a model for XPViewer:
- A license holder of xpswmm purchases the xpviewer Encryptor add-on module for their license.
- The modeller creates and runs their model to their satisfaction.
- The modeller then saves an encrypted model and sends the files to the interested parties, along with xpviewer Reader.
- The receiving party installs the xpviewer Reader. They can then view the model files sent to them and look at the model as if they had their own license
For this walkthrough we will be using the already encrypted model Urban Model Example for xpviewer Reader. Download and save the encrypted model copy:
Urban Model Example for xpviewer Reader
- Open XPSWMM Viewer and browse to the location where the Urban_Multi_Houses_Network_v15.xp file is save and open.
- Once the model is loaded note how the analyze & save buttons are grayed out. The XPViewer application allows you to view input and output data but not re-analyze. The output data was saved and made available once encrypted.